On Wednesday night, Mayor Michael Bloomberg visited Zuccotti Park in Lower Manhattan and told the protesters it would be cleaned on Friday after serving for four weeks as the movement’s unofficial headquarters.
He said the demonstrators could return once the park was cleaned, as long as they abide by basic park rules, such as the ban on tents and sleeping bags.
A couple brief statements:
1. Mayor Bloomberg was born a douche and he’s still at it 70 years later.
2. If he bans tents and sleeping bags he’s basically turned the protesters into homeless people and we know how much New York hates the homeless.
3. Last week he said they could stay indefinitely, and now today they can’t have tents or sleeping bags.
4. It’s a public space but he has to bust balls to get his agenda accomplished. So they can be there but they’re gonna have to freeze their asses off and risk illness to stay. Really classy.
5. The whole point of public space is so people can gather, but the folks who have run New York don’t believe that a real and true public space should exist here. You can’t protest without being netted, everybody has to have a permit, you’re gonna have to go through the cattle separating bullshit.