Obama’s actual track record:
• He extended Bush TARP;
• Like W, he refused to prosecute banks;
• He made 98% of the Bush cuts permanent;
• When Unions were under attack by various GOP governors, he mostly stayed silent.
• Oh, and he forced GM into prepackaged bankruptcy;
• His healthcare plan was a national version of RomneyCare, created by a conservative GOP ThinkTank;
• He continues to engage in a long distance war that he promised to end
• He was willing to throw Social Security under the bus at a moment’s notice
• His stimulus plan consisted mostly of temporary tax cuts and unemployment benefit extensions, not true Keynesian stimulus (infrastructure, defense, etc.)
• He keeps trying desperately to cut a deal with GOP members
Just as an expensive suit can surprisingly give a Wall Street asshole credibility, Obama’s speechifying has gone a long way to make him look like a progressive when he clearly is not.